TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By ordering with ‘Elliotts | living spaces’ you agree to the following terms and conditions.
(1) We (Elliotts | living spaces) are contracted by you (Client) to the supply of goods as requested and detailed in the quotation and/or order acknowledgement.
(2) All quotations should be fully confirmed by the client before ordering.
(3) All quotations are valid for 30 days. Variances may be present once the quotation validity period has expired; we reserve the right to re-quote or withdraw as necessary when this situation arises.
(4) Goods are supplied as described and in line with our supplier’s specifications – Product specifications are subject to change as part of our manufacturers commitment toward ongoing improvements.
(1) Payment is required in full for all orders under £1,000.00.
(2) A 25% deposit is required for all orders over £1,000.00 with the remaining balance due and cleared 3 working days before delivery or collection. Please note cheques take up to 7 days to clear.
DELIVERIES AND COLLECTIONS
(1) Where we have agreed to deliver goods to the client, we will provide an agreed delivery date once the dates have been confirmed to us by our suppliers. Please do not confirm a date with your installer until you know this date. We cannot accept liability for any delays which are beyond our reasonable control.
(2) Where a delivery has been missed by the client, we will reschedule directly with the client. We reserve the right to charge for re-delivery to the client.
(3) While a delivery charge is standard, we reserve the right to enforce a delivery charge for small orders or single items.
(4) Unless agreed when placing your order, deliveries are limited to a 40 miles radius of the showroom.
(5) Collections and deliveries can only be made within our standard opening hours; excluding Saturday’s.
(6) Collections are free of charge; all collections should be fully inspected by the client.
(7) Deliveries will be made into a room of the client’s choice; access permitting.
(8) Deliveries to flats, apartments or potentially awkward locations will be subject to our having sufficient access and the ability to deliver to the clients address such as, but not limited to; narrow paths/hallways, lifts or building works.
(9) Large goods such as American fridge/freezers are subject to access restrictions and this should be considered by the client before ordering.
(10) The client is responsible for ensuring adequate protection to the property. We are not responsible for any damage caused to flooring or walls during a delivery.
DAMAGES & PRODUCT FAULTS
(1) Any damages must be reported to us by the client within 48 hours of delivery.
(2) If reported within 48 hours of delivery, goods which have been received damaged will be replaced by us or our supplier.
(3) We will not offer any compensation for delays or additional costs involved with regards to damaged goods.
(4) All goods are visually inspected by us when received at our warehouse. No goods are unpacked from their original boxing or packaging.
(5) It is the responsibility of the client/clients installer to check all items thoroughly for damage and accuracy within 48 hours of receipt. With the exception of all baths, shower trays, shower enclosures, induction hobs and ceramic goods which must be inspected and signed for upon receipt.
(6) Shower enclosures and appliances should not be unboxed but the external labelling and the condition of the packaging checked carefully to ensure it is the correct product and with no obvious signs of damage. A strict no returns policy applies to all opened shower glass products and appliances.
(7) All products are ordered specifically to suit the clients specification and with the exception of faulty or damaged items, are non-refundable from the date of order. Products which have been removed from their packaging or installed cannot be returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
RETURNS AND CREDITS
(1) If eligible, non damaged items must be returned for a full refund or credit within 28 days.
(2) Unpackaged or incomplete goods cannot be returned for a refund or credit.
(3) Goods returned as ‘not required’ may be subject to a restocking charge though a refund or credit may not be possible until we have received a credit from the supplier concerned.
(4) Some special order goods can be returned for a refund or credit if they are in the same condition as they were when received, but will be subject to a supplier restocking charge.
(5) Customised, painted or uniquely created goods which are made to order, cannot be refunded or credited.
(6) Collections from the client for refund or credit are subject to a collection charge.
DESIGNS & PLANS
(1) All designs and plans remain the property of Elliotts | living spaces. No duplication may be made without our permission.
(2) We offer a design service, unless we have been contracted to carry out an installation service; please note it is the responsibility of the client/clients installer to ensure the working suitability of the design.
(3) Advice is given in good faith and free of charge, it can in no way be binding and any quantification, design or technical advice should be confirmed or otherwise by the client’s installer.
(4) Rooms which are measured before plasterboard or plastering has been completed should be checked by the client/clients installer before ordering. We cannot be held responsible for alterations to room dimensions after a site measure has been completed.
(5)Room dimensions which are supplied by the customer to us should be checked by the client/clients installer before ordering. We cannot be held responsible for incorrect dimensions supplied to us.
(6) Where a room has been ordered, we will supply a dimensioned floor plan, various colour images and elevations if required.
(7) Rendering colours and images are limited by the software and printing process.
(8) We are not responsible for any services (such as, but not limited to; water/gas pipes, boilers, electrical meters etc) which we have not be advised about or are not directly visible to us during a site measure. Any services which are found during installation which may cause alteration to the services remain the responsibility of the client and/or clients installer.
(9) The client accepts when agreeing to the room plan and layout that services may need to be adapted, added or removed such as, but not limited to; electrical sockets, new electrical ring mains, gas pipe extensions etc.
PAINTED & SOLID TIMBER PRODUCTS
(1) Painted goods such as, but not limited to; kitchen, bathroom, bedroom doors should be maintained in line with the manufacturer’s installation guidelines or instructions.
(2) Solid timber goods such as, but not limited to; kitchen, bathroom, bedroom doors have a random woodgrain and colouring. Clients are advised that there may be knots or holes in the door which are part of this natural material and no returns are accepted unless the knot or hole directly affects installation.
(3) Solid timber goods such as, but not limited to; kitchen, bathroom, bedroom doors are subject to movement with changes in moisture level in the environment. This movement may be expressed in the form of a hairline crack(s) in the paint surface. This is a natural characteristic of timber products and does not represent a fault with the product.
SOLID SURFACE WORKTOPS, UPSTANDS & SPLASHBACKS
(1) Some solid surface worktops or glazed splashbacks are templated by our supplier and are deemed a bespoke or special order. The room should be set up in line with our supplier’s recommendations for the templating to progress. If our supplier visits the client and is unable to complete the template service, a charge may be made for a return visit to the client.
(2) Some solid surface worktops may differ from samples seen in the showroom due to differences in the stone, manufacturing process and batch number.
(3) Clients are advised that there is a manufacturing time between templating and installation of some solid surface worktops in which a client will be without worktops, sinks and hobs.
(4) Our supplier will assess access restrictions to the site they are installing. Additional charges may be made for limited
HOME DOMESTIC APPLIANCES
(1) Home domestic appliances are special order products and are often subject to the suppliers restocking charge if
returned for a refund or credit in line with our returns policy.
TILES, CERAMICS AND FLOORING
(1) Some tiles, ceramics and flooring may differ from samples seen in the showroom due to differences in the material, manufacturing process and batch number.
(2) Tiles, ceramics and flooring should be installed in line with the manufacturer’s installation guidelines or instructions.
(3) Underfloor heating can only be used with recommended goods and should be installed in line with the manufacturer’s installation guidelines or instructions.
(4) Tile quantities are estimates only, due to the nature of how the tiler may cut or arrange the tiles; it is the responsibility of the installer to confirm the quantities.
(5) As batch colours differ, surplus tiles cannot be refunded or credited.
(1) All goods should be installed in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines or instructions. Elliotts | living spaces are not responsible for any damages caused by incorrect installation.
(2) Where the client is using a recommended installer, they do so at their own risk and the contract for installation is between the installer and the client. We are not responsible for any damages caused by incorrect installation.
(3) Where the client purchases installation via Elliotts | living spaces, the agreed works will be completed to the customers satisfaction and in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines and specifications.
(4) Installation via Elliotts | living spaces will be completed by qualified and/or competent individuals who we sub- contract to complete the required work agreed on our behalf.
(5) Installation via Elliotts | living spaces will be completed in compliance with current electrical and/or gas safety standards.
(6) Where installation via Elliotts | living spaces is purchased, the client must ensure the property is sufficiently protected during the installation. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to flooring or walls during installation.
(7) Where installation via Elliotts | living spaces is purchased, all waste, where removal has been agreed, will be either disposed of in a skip or stored in a suitable place. The client is responsible for nominating a location for waste to be stored at the property and we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to flooring or walls in this location.
(8) Where installation via Elliotts | living spaces is purchased, It is the clients responsibility to consider the area where work is to be carried out as a hazardous zone. The client where possible must avoid entering the zone for the duration of any installation or at least whilst the installer(s) is/are on-site. We cannot be held responsible for any personal injury caused through entering the zone during an installation.
(9) Work completed by additional 3rd parties should be finished ready for Elliotts | living spaces installation teams. Elliotts | living spaces cannot be held responsible for delays to the installation caused by 3rd parties or suppliers.
(10) Elliotts | living spaces reserve the right to delay or reschedule an installation if we feel the room or site is not ready.
(11) Any defects, faults, damages or issues with the quality of the installation provided by Elliotts | living spaces, must be reported within 30 days of the installer completing the installation. Failure to do so will result in the client covering the cost for any remedial works.
(1) All goods are subject to individual supplier warranties, but will carry a minimum of 12 months.
(2) Goods which were originally installed by Elliotts | living spaces which are deemed faulty will be replaced and re- installed providing the fault occurs within the warranty period.
(3) Goods which were not installed by Elliotts | living spaces which are deemed faulty will be replaced. The client is responsible for arranging installation for the replacement and no compensation will be offered by Elliotts | living spaces.
(4) Installation completed by Elliotts | living spaces carries a 12 month warranty and any claims must be reported within the warranty period.
(1) You have the right to cancel or change your order at no charge providing our suppliers have not yet delivered goods to us or special order items are not already in production.
(2) Where a supplier has delivered goods to us, we will endeavour to return them minus any restocking charges we may incur.